Member Spotlight: Jessica Brach, Uchi Houston


Jessica Brach, Events Coordinator for Uchi Restaurant, is a native Houstonian born into the restaurant industry. Her father owned a French restaurant in Humble called Chez Nous which she began working at, at the age of 5, and has now spent 31 years in the industry.

Jessica says "The biggest obstacle I’ve had to overcome in my life was the ever-lingering question, ‘What will I do with my life?’ Eventually I had to stop worrying about what I was going to do with the rest of my life and just focus on the fact that I am absolutely in love with Uchi and at home here.


It has taken my entire life up to this point of being stubborn and not taking jobs that I knew wouldn’t fulfill me. There were times I doubted myself, worried if I was perhaps not motivated, and completely unsure of my future and it scared me, but I held strong and refused to do anything that I knew wouldn’t make me happy. One day, the sales event manager position became available and my gut told me to go for it. I’ve never felt happier and more fulfilled.”

Uchi is a Japanese inspired restaurant headed by James Beard award winning chef, Tyson Cole. It is a collaborative experience between the guest and the staff (hosts) to create the perfect meal for each individual palate.

Jessica comments “I think that Uchi’s service sets us apart. If you ever dine here and really look around the dining room and all the way back into the kitchen, the team work is incredible and people are happy and smiling to be here serving food that is birthed from passion, innovation, and love.”

Jessica’s membership to the GHWCC has shown a sense of unity with a group of people who may work in completely different fields but share the same goals. She says “that’s amazing”.

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl Fincher, Philanthropist and Texas Woman Who Made History

SPARK, Igniting Young Leaders Launch Event